Mail stuck in mqueue.in, help!

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Fri Sep 3 16:56:19 IST 2004

________________________________

Of Max Kipness
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 10:39 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Mail stuck in mqueue.in, help!

I'm not sure what caused it. The only thing I think of is that I hit ctrl-c
when I got tired of waiting for a long rebuilding of the alias file with
newaliases command. Now everytime I rebuild it takes at least 1 minute. I
never noticed this before.

I have over 340 messages in mqueue.in so I guess this means that MailScanner
is not processing? I see no errors in the maillog.

Can someone give me some pointers on how to troubleshoot what the problem
might be as mail is being held up for several domains right now!

Thanks,
Max

Your alias file is that big?  I think I'd try stopping MailScanner, deleting
your aliases.db and rebuild it and then start MailScanner.  I'd be
interested to see some log entries...particularly those that show up
immediately upon starting MailScanner.  Do you see any lines that mention
your aliases file?

Mike