Why mailscanner fails recognizing a forwarded infected.

Mirko Bovati bovati at MONDADORI.COM
Fri Sep 3 16:23:56 IST 2004

On Friday 03 September 2004 16:28, you wrote:
> Mirko
>
> do these scanners recognise the virus is called from the command line on
> the MS computer??
hi Martin,

The local antivirus who finds the virus is VisusScan 7.0 on a MS computer.
VirusScan doesn't clean the email. I forward the infected email (and
MailScanner say it is clean) and the recipient again find it is infected.

But, on another way, if I after receiving the infected email, I save the
attach (i.e. the virus) and I send a new email with the saved attach
attached, the MailScanner find the virus.

I don't know if I answered your question.

mirko