Why mailscanner fails recognizing a forwarded infected.

Mirko Bovati bovati at MONDADORI.COM
Fri Sep 3 15:14:26 IST 2004

hi all,

sorry for reposting the same question, it seems that nobody ever had
this problem.

I received an infected email by W32/Mabutu.a at MM!zip (the local antivirus found
it).
If I forward this email, MailScanner say it is clean.
Is it the normal behavior of a forwarded infected email? I think no but I
can't see where is the problem.

I have the pair of df and qf sendmail's that I could send to who is interested
to the question.

thanks,
Mirko