clamav rpm update doesn't work

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Fri Sep 3 11:21:41 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Martin Sapsed wrote:
> Remco Barendse wrote:
>> That's what I checked at first but the wrapper script seems to work ok
>> when I test it (with 'default' settings).
>
> Have you still got the copy under /usr/local/ ? Is the wrapper using
> that? When you try the wrapper, do you add the path defined in
> virus.scanners.conf as the first argument to the wrapper? If not, then I
> think the wrapper uses the path or something like that? I've got bitten
> by this before both when fiddling with Sophos locations and moving from
> clam tar to clam .deb.
>
>> It scans perfectly. I didn't try changing it because it might break
>> scanning?
>
> Change the conf file. Do what Julian says - he's the boss!! ;-)

Lol!

I'm not sure about the directory. To remove the tyhe tarball I did a
locate -i clam and removed every match to that. Guess that should have
eradicated all files from the tarball version :)

When I do locate -i now it shows (doc stuff omitted):
/var/log/clamav
/var/log/clamav/freshclam.log
/var/log/clamav/clamav.log
/var/run/clamav
/var/clamav
/var/clamav/main.cvd
/var/clamav/daily.cvd
/etc/rc.d/init.d/clamd
/etc/rc.d/rc0.d/K39clamd
/etc/rc.d/rc1.d/K39clamd
/etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S61clamd
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/K39clamd
/etc/rc.d/rc4.d/S61clamd
/etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S61clamd
/etc/rc.d/rc6.d/K39clamd
/etc/cron.daily/freshclam
/etc/logrotate.d/freshclam
/etc/logrotate.d/clamav
/etc/freshclam.conf
/etc/clamav.conf
/usr/share/man/man1/clamscan.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/freshclam.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/clamdscan.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man5/freshclam.conf.5.gz
/usr/share/man/man5/clamav.conf.5.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/clamd.8.gz
/usr/sbin/clamd
/usr/bin/clamscan
/usr/bin/freshclam
/usr/bin/clamav-config
/usr/bin/clamdscan
/usr/include/clamav.h
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libclamav.pc
/usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-autoupdate
/usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper
/usr/lib/libclamav.so.1
/usr/lib/libclamav.so.1.0.4
/usr/lib/libclamav.a
/usr/lib/libclamav.so
/usr/local/bin/freshclam  (this is the symlink i created  -> /usr/bin/freshclam)

I wonder why the wrapper script still works but the update doesn't. I
don't understand anything of the wrapper or update script to see where it
is looking.

Thanks!!