whitelisting not working with "always report"?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Fri Sep 3 02:48:47 IST 2004

Dustin Baer wrote on         Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:42:38 -0600:

> Adding an address to spam.whitelist.rules will still be checked for
> spam, just not quarantined if above minimum score, and thus still give
> you a report.

This is not how I understood the "Is Definitely Not Spam" option. It
doesn't make any sense to me to scan a message where I know already before
doing it that it's not spam. What for should I scan it? There's the SA
whitelisting which adds -100 if someone really wants to scan all messages.
Adding another whitelisting in MS doesn't make any sense unless it avoids
the scanning phase. That's also what the comments in the MailScanner.conf
file suggest to me and what I know from experience with milters.
I'm puzzled now.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany