whitelisting not working with "always report"?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Thu Sep 2 17:25:49 IST 2004

Julian Field wrote on         Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:57:37 +0100:

> Correct. That's the definition of "always" :-)

Hm, I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but I think it
works not the way one would it expect to work.

> # Do you want to always include the Spam Report in the SpamCheck
> # header, even if the message wasn't spam?

That implies the purpose of always adding the report: I want a report when
it was not spam, so that I can see why it wasn't spam or whatever I want to
see else. This doesn't imply that you want MS to *force* a spam scan
although normally there wouldn't be a scan. It just means to add the report
which is available from scanning, anyway. That's the only meaning which
makes sense to me, do others disagree?

> If you don't always want the SA report, then either turn this option off,
> or set it to a ruleset so you get it sometimes and not others.

I want the spam report when the message got scanned, I don't want to force
a scan for nothing. Does this mean I had to copy the whitelist.rules to
another ruleset for "always add report" and change all "yes" to "no" and
"default no" to "yes"?

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany