Mailscanner restarting all the time...

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Thu Sep 2 01:50:57 IST 2004

Patrick Vogt wrote on         Wed, 1 Sep 2004 23:08:16 +0100:

> I can start mailscanner, no problems. But when the first mail arrives:

> MailScanner[7081]: MCP Checks: Starting
> MailScanner[7081]: Spam Checks: Starting
> and so on...

which looks like the virusscanner has a problem because it's next.

> If I set 'Virus Scanning = no', all messages are delivered w/o any problems
> and no restarting is seen (So, sendmail should be ok)

which looks like the virusscanner has a problem, again.

> If I set 'Virus Scanning = yes' and 'Virus Scanners = none'

I don't know what is supposed to happen when scanning but no virusscanner is
set.

> With this setting, the problem must be just Mailscanner (f-prot and
> SpamAssasin are disabled, or not?).

I think it's your f-prot. Either f-prot itself, the wrapper or the way you
configured it in MailScanner. Sorry, I don't use f-prot, so I can't say more.

> If I start with
> 'debug = yes'

which looks like SA doesn't have a problem, no virusscanner to be seen.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany