[OT] HTML emails

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Wed Sep 1 09:16:41 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions wrote:
> Is there anyway that the list could disable HTML emails?

My recollection of discussions with the JISCMail team in relation to
other lists I (co)manage, I seem to recall that they do have an option
to refuse HTML messages outright. It's up to Julian to decide whether
that's a line he wants to take. IIRC, what they can't do is strip out
the HTML version and leave the plain-text one (assuming there is one)
which would be nice...

> They're a real PITA

In general I agree. I gather they're a real nightmare for people who
take the list in digest form...

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"