Errors after upgrade

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Oct 31 01:30:39 IST 2004

Alden Levy wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:10:26 -0400, Alden Levy <alden at ENGINENO9INC.COM> wrote:
>

>>My server was upgraded overnight, and I've been alternatively beating my
>>head against the wall and fixing problems my hosting co. created.
>>
>>In any event, I *think* I have most everything back to normal, except for
>>those last little MailScanner steps.
>>
>>When I set Debug = Yes in MailScanner.conf, I get the following error:
>>Quantifier follows nothing in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/* <-- HERE / at
>>/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SweepOther.pm line 197.
>>
>>spamassassin -D --lint doesn't show any errors, and when I set Debug
>>SpamAssassin = yes, the only error I get is the one above.
>>
>>Now using Fedora Core 1, Sendmail 8.12.10, perl 5.8.1.  Was using RH 7.3,
>>sendmail 8.10?, perl 5.6.1
>>
>>A swift kick in the right direction would be much appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Alden
>>

>Sorry, I forgot to add output of MailScanner -v:
>Running on
>Linux engine.engineno9inc.com 2.4.20-28.7 #1 Thu Dec 18 11:31:59 EST 2003 i686 i
>686 i386 GNU/Linux
>This is Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow)
>This is Perl version 5.008001 (5.8.1)
>
>This is MailScanner version 4.34.8

It doesn't like one of your filename.rules.conf lines. Have you got a
rule in there where the match expression starts with a "*"? In this file
(and filetype.rules.conf) the match expressions are regular expressions,
so you really meant ".*" and not just "*". Sorry for the lousy error
message.

--
Julian Field