Ruleset query / feature request

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Oct 29 15:48:32 IST 2004

Without "/" characters around the address match, * means any number of any
characters. With "/" characters round it, it can accept any syntax that can
be handled as a Perl regular expression (which means you can implement all
sorts of clever rules).

So *.domain.* will work just fine.
And *@blacknight* will work just fine too.

On 29/10/04 3:10 pm, "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions"
<michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have multiple domains for clients (and ourselves) that share a common
> "branch" ie. Blacknight.ie / blacknightsolutions.com /
> blacknightsolutions.it  etc
> Quite a few of our clients would have reqistered similar things ie.
> Companyname-division.tld companyname-otherdivision.tld etc etc
>
> Unless I am mistaken (which is always possible especially when I don't get
> enough caffeine) rulesets at the moment need to be in the format of:
>
> user at domain.tld
> Or *@domain.tld
> While
>
> *@keyword* will not work
>
> Is that correct?
>
> Would it be possible to implement something like
>
> *@blacknight* so that it would work against blacknight.ie
> /blacknightsolutions.ie / blacknight-solutions.com etc ??
>
> Thanks
>
> Michele
>
> Mr Michele Neylon
> Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd