outlook express html problem

Darryl Engle engled at TRILLION21.COM
Thu Oct 28 21:46:41 IST 2004

Hardware : P@ 2GHZ, 1 GB Ram, 40GB IDE
Software : RH Enterprise, Sendmail-8.12.11-4.RHEL3.1,
MailScanner-4.34.8-4, SpamAssassin-3.0.1., ClamAV 0.8.0
RBLs : ORDB-RBL SBL+XBL
Virus Scanners: ClamAV
Volume: 6,000 message/day
Average Load: ~1

Our old MailScanner died (hardware failure) so I finally had time to
upgrade to the above specs from a rather old setup. After I get every
thing working and put back in to production we have had trouble with
customers sending us e-mail with outlook express. If OE is set up to use
HTML and they send to us they get back the error in the
sender.error.report.txt file. I was able to reproduce this locally, if I
change to plain text it works fine.

If I use Eudora I can send HTML or plain text. Is there something I'm
missing, I have set up several MS boxes (all as relays) and have never
seen this. I can't remember the version on the old box that worked or I
would post it.

The closest I found in the archives was something about stylized text
causing a problem.

On a side note, I have been running MS boxes for over 2 years without
one single hiccup. Great piece of work guys.

Thx
Darryl Engle
Trillion Digital

#Do not remove the following line, or various programs
#that require network functionality will fail.
127.0.0.1             localhost.localdomain localhost