Fortress Systems / SMGateway?

Steve Swaney Steve.Swaney at FSL.COM
Thu Oct 28 22:54:04 IST 2004

I'll be happy to answer this one :)

Release Candidate 1 of Fortress SMGateway will be out next week to our beta
testers. It will be supported on clean installs of RH 3.0, CentOS, Whitebox
and Tao Linux. We hope to have the first production release out sometime in
November.

There will also be an appliance available with the software preloaded but I
do not yet have a ship date for that product.

The product will be available for download at NO cost. We will charge a fee
only for fully automated updates and support. The yearly fee for updates for
a single server will be $849.00 including web based support. There is no
limit on the number of users. Other support options will also be available.
A lower priced subscription will be available for non-profit institutions.

We have very carefully designed SMGateway to be "self-contained" with little
dependency on the operating system packages and modules. While this required
a great deal of time and effort, this design will allow is to very quickly
provide automated updates that will safely co-exist with the operating
system. I'm sure you C-panel and Ensim users understand what I'm talking
about.

A more detailed description of the product may be found at
http://www.fsl.com/products/fsmg.html

I'll also be happy to answer any specific questions by email off list.

Fortress SMCluster is still in the design phase and will probably be
released sometime in mid 2005.

Steve

Steve Swaney
President