Fw: Bayes expire results

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Wed Oct 27 23:44:53 IST 2004

Rob wrote:
> What does this actually mean?
>
> Just wondering if there is something I should be looking for?
> :)

>> synced Bayes databases from journal in 0 seconds: 729 unique entries
>> (1055
>> total entries)

The sync of the temporary journal into the main db was quick (usually
0-1 seconds).

>> expired old Bayes database entries in 207 seconds

This took a long time (usually a lot quicker on my systems but still
often 30-45 seconds).

>> 152020 entries kept, 56648 deleted

Lots of old tokens were deleted from the db due to age.

>> token frequency: 1-occurence tokens: 58.21%

58% of all tokens occur only once in the db.

>> token frequency: less than 8 occurrences: 17.40%

17% occur less than eight times in the db.

It looks fine except for taking 207 seconds which is a fairly long time.
How do you expire your old tokens? Through cron or MS and how often?

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun