MailScanner on-demand?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 27 22:26:26 IST 2004

Check out the Communigate Pro support for MailScanner. I believe they
did a similar trick.
All you basically have to do is write a couple of scripts:
1) Take a message from SurgeMail and create a sendmail qf and df file
(pretty simple, you can just make up most of the information)
2) Take a message from MailScanner and create a Surgemail message from it.

I recommend using the sendmail handling in MailScanner for this for two
reasons:
a) The qf file is very simple
b) The qf file is well documented in the Bat Book.

If what Surgemail is passing is an RFC822 message, then this isn't a big
job.

--
Julian Field