Redundancy ... again

David Jacobson davidj at synaq.com
Wed Oct 27 11:39:43 IST 2004

Hi all,

MailScanner, as everyone knows is an unbelievable product.  The backend
is superb and it does exactly what we require and more.

Mailwatch is also a great product in terms of giving people the
flexibility to learn/release messages etc. (Been at version 0.5.1 for
quite a while now due to Steve getting married!)

Now setting up redundancy with MailScanner is not rocket science, you
setup a few identical machines and you append multiple MX records.

The problem we are experiencing is some of our customers love the web
interface and do not want to get rid of it.  Therefore with our new
servers we need to somehow consolidate it so to the end user they
still have one interface to see all mail.  There is a distributed
setup option in mailwatch, however I'm not 100% sure if its quite there
yet.  My question to the list is, is there anyone out there who has
full redundancy and also provide their customers with a web interface
which shows all the information and provides them with the ability to
release/learn etc.

Anyone who has done such a setup I would love to know how you did it
and the way you went about it, as we are trying to spec out how to do
this with still giving the customers the functionality that they require
and bettering our service by putting in a lot of redundancy.

Any pointers/stories would be great.

Look forward to hearing what other people have done...

--
Regards,

David Jacobson
Technical Director
SYNAQ (Pty) Ltd

Tel:    011 290 6388
Cell:   083 235 0760
Mail:   davidj at synaq.com
WWW:    http://www.synaq.com

Key Fingerprint
8246 FCE1 3C22 7EFB E61B  18DF 6E8B 65E8 BD50 78A1