Bayes dir permissions

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Tue Oct 26 22:01:20 IST 2004

Terran Wright wrote:
> output below:
>
> sa-learn --dbpath /etc/MailScanner/bayes --sync
> Cannot open bayes databases /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_* R/W: tie failed:
> File exists
> Cannot open bayes databases /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_* R/W: tie failed:
> File exists

You ran that as root and root has read and write permissions, am I
right? If so, the db is corrupt and I have never been able to fix mine
but you could try --import first. If that also fails you just delete the
files and SA will start over by creating them again. Don't worry, it
will learn pretty quick by itself.

This is usually caused by the infamous expire problem in my experience,
search the archives for it.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun