Mail server backlogging - seems like a Bayes problem

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Oct 25 16:24:27 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
At 11:37 PM 10/22/2004, Julian Field wrote:
>Matt,
>
>Thanks for that. I originally kept the timeout short as genuine SA timeout
>problems did cause difficulty when I first implemented. But SA has improved
>enormously since I first supported it, and I suspect you are right that it
>is now time to increase the timeout quite a bit. The last increase I did
>was from 30 to 40 seconds so SA had a chance to timeout DNS lookups before
>it could be totally killed by MailScanner.
>
>Thanks for your opinion, as ever :-)

You're welcome Julian.

And thanks for making a great product, even if it does require the
occasional tweak as SA and virus scanners evolve :)

(Next product improvement request: psychic adaptive spamassassin interface
module, to keep abreast of unexpected changes in future versions of SA.)