Upgrade 4.34.8-4 and postfix 2.1.5

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Fri Oct 22 22:23:26 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Piet Bos wrote:

>Hello all,
>I've just completed the upgrade from ancient versions of both packages.
>Just left me with a couple of questions.
>1. SPAM is flagged in the subject, there are no s'ses or * in the header, is
>that OK?

Is there a score instead? If so have a look in MailScanner.conf to set
your preference.

>2. Sent and received mail is not singned anymore with
>"This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by
>MailScanner, and is believed to be clean"
>is that OK

Again it's a preference thing.

>3. And I've not installe McAfee and Generic virus scanners but
>'update_virus_scanners' logs that Generic and McAfee are found im my
>configuration, how come?

Generic is where you can put your own applications such as certain regex
files for virus detection (Not a function I have looked at yet so sorry
if I am vague or wrong!). Have you install McAfee on your machine
previously and forgotten? MS updates all virus scanner on your machine
not just those used and listed in MailScanner.conf

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy