Random message corruption issue

Dean Jones dean at SAHRA.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Oct 21 17:12:59 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
First of all i'd like to say thanks to Julian for not only releasing a
great product (for free) but also for the huge amount of support on the
mailing list.

--

So i have been having a problem with random corrupted messages.
the frequency is really low, maybe 2-4 a day but i have not figured a

The messages get put into the postfix/corrupt queue after they are
processed by MailScanner. I can tell because the header info from
MailScanner is in the corrupt message.

My guesses are basically pointing to either the MIME decoding or header
re-writing at some point in the process but as i said, a pattern has not
really emerged.

My system specs are:
solaris 9, postfix 2.1.5, MailScanner 4.34.8-4, Perl 5.8.4.
I am using the "Hold" header method with postfix.

if anyone has seen something similar or has any ideas, it would be great!