Problems with latest Mail::ClamAV

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Wed Oct 20 16:32:50 IST 2004

I can't give you a direct patch to fix this because of other patches I have
on SweepViruses.pm but if you change the following:

CL_ARCHIVE      to CL_SCAN_ARCHIVE
CL_OLE2 to CL_SCAN_OLE2
CL_ENCRYPTED to CL_SCAN_BLOCKENCRYPTED

in /opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/SweepViruses.pm

and reinstall Mail::ClamAV 0.12 you should be up and running. There is NO
backward compatablity between Mail::ClamAV 0.11 and 0.12 and you MUST have
clam 0.80 installed prior to installing Mail::ClamAV 0.12

As a note, I have encoutered problems with installing Mail::ClamAV 0.12 on
Fedora Core2, the make completes correctly without error but there is a
problem with the make test run. It "says" it can't find the file
/usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.1, which is right there where it's supposed to
be. Will be a week before I can look into it further, but tests from this
morning suggest it works regardless of the make test results.

Rick

believed to be clean.