Add an aditional header to spam mail.

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 20 00:05:21 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
At 21:28 19/10/2004, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>I can't do that because our company has strict rules that dont alow us to
>do that. Sofar i haw patched the source each time i make an upgrade but if
>i could solve it with the config it would be much better.
>
>Is there a way to make a new line in the config. Something like \n. I have
>tried \n without success but maby there is an other way. I could then
>write the config line like this
>
>Spam Header = X-Spam-Flag: YES "new line" X-xyz-MailScanner-SpamCheck:
>
>But i dont know if that is possibel. Anyone ho know ?

It's not as simple as that. MailScanner has to generate files correctly for
the queue design of each MTA, it's not simply writing out the text of the
message (in RFC822 format).

Is there really no easy way to do this with a simple global procmail
script, which looks for the spamcheck header and adds in a new header if
it's there?

--
Julian Field