/tmp issue

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Tue Oct 19 16:40:39 IST 2004

>> At 12:04 19/10/2004, you wrote:
>>> Mailscanner seems to create a tmp directory in /tmp on one of our
>>> servers for each and every e-mail.
>>>
>>> It fills /tmp with tmp dirs that look like tmp0d864484 etc.
>
> I've never seen SA do that before, although SA does create
> tempfiles, it generates them late in the game and cleans them up
> pretty soon afterward. You'd have to kill SA at just the right time
> to cause it.
>
> Michele, do you see MailScanner killing SA with timeout errors in
> your mailogs?

Nope. That server never has any issues like that.. If it did it would make a
good starting point, but it behaves very well

> You might want to consider extending your SA timeout in
> MailScanner.conf. IMO, Julian's default here is way too short for a
> bayes-enabled install of SA:
>
>          SpamAssassin Timeout = 120
>
> You might also want to enable MS's "Rebuild Bayes Every"
> option, and disable bayes_auto_expire in SA's
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf. This will make bayes expiry
> run when MS wants to run it, not as SA gets fed a message.

I'll have a look at that.
On an unrelated note (to this issue) where does that setting "live" in SA3?

> Even with these settings I get the occasional timeout, but
> it's only happened twice in the past month, instead of 10-15 times a
> day.

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
Hosting, co-location & domains