Error - MIME::Decoder::QuotedPrint

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 18 15:03:25 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
At 14:50 18/10/2004, you wrote:

> >> "MIME::Decoder::QuotedPrint" at

> >> Either upgrade to the latest beta release, or else install
> >> MIME::Base64 and MIME-tools via CPAN.
> >
> > The latest version of MIME-tools via CPAN still causes the
> > same error, so I rolled back to a much older version.
> >
> > We are now using:
> > 3.05    MIME::Base64
> > 5.412   MIME::Tools
> >
> > I'm very worried about breaking things again :(
> >
>Sorry for replying to my own email....
>
>If I upgrade to the latest version of MIME::Base64 how will that affect
>MIME::Tools?
>The error message seems to be specific to MIME::Tools

You need to use either
1) The old MIME-tools with all the patches applied,
or
2) The new MIME-tools with the new MIME::Base64.

I'm not sure what happens with the old MIME-tools with the new
MIME::Base64, I'm not convinced it will work, but it should complain fairly
quickly if it won't. I strongly advise you send a few test messages through
it, some with eicar in them to test it.

These problems should all go away with the latest beta.
--
Julian Field