Some new-user questions

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at GOEBEL-CONSULT.DE
Mon Oct 18 13:23:25 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Thanks for your answers.

Julian Field schrieb:

> Thousands of people use them both with no problems at all. The Postfix
> author has near-religious objections to MailScanner. I didn't interface to
> it in the way that he intended everyone to, I found a faster way. So he
> doesn't like me or MailScanner. Such is life :-)

Oh god! I thought, these guys would have left kindergarden some years
ago. Would it make sense to drop Wietse a note?

> Most of the MTA's I support have to be started in a very specific way to
> operate with MailScanner, so I start the MTA in the MailScanner init.d
> script so it is the same as all the others I support.

IC.

> This is fixed in the latest release. It was only changed very recently. The

Fine!

--
Schönen Gruß - Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel             | IT-Security -- effizient |
| h.goebel at goebel-consult.de | www.goebel-consult.de    |