Error - MIME::Decoder::QuotedPrint

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Mon Oct 18 12:55:14 IST 2004

MailScanner mailing list wrote:
> At 10:01 18/10/2004, you wrote:
>> This error keeps on appearing in logs since we upgraded to the
>> latest stable:
>>
>> Oct 18 09:55:16 av MailScanner[5425]: Cannot parse
>> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/5425/i9I8t1se006400.header and ,
>> Can't locate object method "init" via package
> "MIME::Decoder::QuotedPrint" at
>> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MIME/Decoder.pm line 179.
>>
>> A lot of mail is being rejected by MailScanner due to this which is
>> causing a lot of headaches
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>
> Either upgrade to the latest beta release, or else install
> MIME::Base64 and MIME-tools via CPAN.

The latest version of MIME-tools via CPAN still causes the same error, so I
rolled back to a much older version.

We are now using:
3.05    MIME::Base64
5.412   MIME::Tools

I'm very worried about breaking things again :(

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
Hosting, co-location & domains
http://www.blacknight.ie/