NO_DNS_FOR_FROM

Alan mailscanner at ELKNET.NET
Fri Oct 15 16:40:18 IST 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:55:35 -0400, Matt Kettler <mkettler at EVI-INC.COM> wrote:

Okay, I changed spam.assassin.prefs.conf as instructed, and then I manually
edited my test message to change the header that MS had inserted at the
bottom to look like 'X-MailScanner-From:', and then manually ran the test
message through spamassassin. It worked great, and reported the hit on
NO_DNS_FOR_FROM.

So, time to go live. I edited MailScanner.conf to use 'Envelope From Header
= X-MailScanner-From:' and restarted MS. Ran a test message through, but no
hit on NO_DNS_FOR_FROM. I examined a message that had made it all the way
through, and verified the bottom header: 'X-MailScanner-From:
arffer at poiuy.net' had been inserted. But SA did not flag it.

So, setting the spam.assassin.prefs.conf fixes messages manually run through
SA, but messages sent to SA via MS still don't work.

-Alan