No Scanning if one is in To

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Fri Oct 15 15:59:43 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Marcel Blenkers wrote:
> Hi there,
>

>>>and put these into virus.scanner.rules and to spam.scanner.rules..
>>
>>You cannot have rules for virus scanning.  It scans everything or nothing.
>

> i think you are wrong there:

No I'm not...

> See in the config-file:
>

> # Do you want to scan email for viruses?
> # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.

This setting is for security/vulnerabilities checks, maybe it shoud be
renamed.

MailScanner loads all virus scanners once per batch, and it is more
efficient to scan everything than to check which one should be scanned.

> You are right, if you think of the virus-scanners to use..
>
> # Which Virus Scanning package to use:
> # This *cannot* be the filename of a ruleset.
>

> But..who should change this anyway? ;)

Some people who would be offering diffent packages for virus and spam
filtering.

>>I know it's been discussed on this list.  Did you search the archive?
>
> no..i haven´t..sorry for that..

Please see the footer of every message on this list...