Re. Phishing fraud question

Marcel Blenkers marcel-ml at IRC-ADDICTS.DE
Fri Oct 15 14:54:23 IST 2004

Hi there,

> Yes, it certainly should. There are a large number of these scams, and they
> are on the increase very rapidly. My phishing code requires no "signatures"
> or updates of any kind, it just looks for links that don't go where they
> say they will.

maybe i am wrong here, but i guess this works that way:

MailScanner checks the HTMl-Mail for the a href-tag and the text which is
the link displayed in the mail,right?
something like -a href="somewhere.com"-nothere.com-/a-  (sorry..but i do
not want to use html-tags ;)

but some phishingmails do use images with the so called content and they
do contain image-maps, which are behind the so called "text", but do link
somewhere else..

or maybe i am completly wrong here??

Greetings

Marcel