how to fight fake email addresss?

Fri Oct 15 11:34:46 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Ugo

OK.

I guess it depends where the 'whitelist' is done:

1) in the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file

2) or as the "Is definitely not spam" parameter in MailScanner.conf.

I used a ruleset as part of 2).

Getting confused about where whitelisting occurs etc etc - bad week:-)

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Martin Hepworth wrote:
>
>> Jason
>>
>> well sort of..
>>
>> I use MailScanner rules on the spam and signature options, rather than
>> whitelisting which I believe will also stop virus scanning....
>

> No, it doesn't stop virus scanning, it just prevent spamassassin from
> tagging it as spam.  It does all the SA tests, though, so you're better
> off disabling spamassassin/RBL through rulesets instead.

the system manager.