Scanning Order

Desai, Jason jase at SENSIS.COM
Thu Oct 14 20:04:23 IST 2004

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions wrote:
>> If you're concerned with spam messages not being checked for
>> viruses, you could always modify your (high|non) spam
>> actions.  For actions that you do not deliver on, forward to
>> a dummy address.  This will cause MailScanner to also scan it
>> for viruses, and MailWatch would show it as a virus too.
>>

> Although that may work it will change the headers of the email so it
> would cause issues for people scanning multiple domains etc.

I'm not sure I understand how.  If for example the message were spam, and
the spam actions were originally set to store the file and not deliver it,
then forwarding it to a dummy address that would just drop the message would
not change any headers.  The end user would not be getting the message
anyways.  And forwarding the message would cause it to be scanned for
viruses too, and appropriately labeled as a virus message in MailWatch.

Jase