No Scanning if one is in To

Marcel Blenkers marcel-ml at IRC-ADDICTS.DE
Thu Oct 14 15:47:49 IST 2004

Hi there,

ok..the subject is a bit strange, but i´ve got a problem.

One of my users does not want his mails scanned for Viruses nor for spam.
So i had made a rule, which is as followed:

To:     user at domain         no

and put these into virus.scanner.rules and to spam.scanner.rules..

the default for action is then yes

Ok..everythings works fine..as long as this user is the only one in the
TO-Field.

For example..

A mail containing a virus is getting in.. The To-Field contains 2 Users:
The Person, who does not want his mails to be scanned, and me.

The Mail slippes trhough unscanned for both persons..

In both mails i do find the following:

X-irc-addicts.de-MailScanner:   Not scanned: please contact your Internet
E-Mail Service Provider for details

To find this in the mail to the person, who does not want his mails to be
scanned is ok..but to see this within the mail to myself..is a bit
strange, as my mails should be scanned..

The same problem does happen with the use of spamassassin via procmail.
This user is in the config with getting all spam..and voila..all persons
in the to-field get unscanned..

Is there a workaround for this behaviour?

Greetings

Marcel