Phishing fraud question

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 14 11:09:50 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
At 10:27 14/10/2004, you wrote:
>Julian
>

>looked at the ones that triggered rules etc and they hit rules in
>70_sare_spoof.cf from www.rulesemporium.com
>
>It might be useful to contact the maintainer of this ruleset so he can
>add in the non-US based phishing emails (like Abbey, Barclays etc) to
>this list.

We see them change frequently, which is why I wrote it to start with. Also,
just flagging the mail as spam isn't really enough. If the email looks
genuine, people will just tend to think that the spam detector is being
over-zealous and treating a bank's bulk mail as spam. That's why I want to
add more than just a spam tag.
--
Julian Field