Phishing fraud question

John Wilcock john at TRADOC.FR
Thu Oct 14 10:29:09 IST 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:31:35 +0100, Julian Field wrote:
> It's just that phishing detection does detect quite a few false positives
> due to the stupidity of a lot of newsletter authors who put "fake" links in
> their material. I don't want people to become used to seeing "{Dangerous
> Content?}" or whatever, and therefore ignoring it.

Are the majority of the false positives like the example you just sent,
i.e. a different page on the same host?

If so, perhaps you could decide to flag as dangerous content if and only
if the host is different? After all, if the link is simply going
somewhere else on the same site there is little, if any, real danger.

John.

--
-- Over 2500 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr