Phishing fraud question

Thu Oct 14 09:55:39 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Julian

FP's are bad - this is what moved us to MS from MailSweeper in the first
place, too many FP's and a really s l  o  w   interface to query what
was blocked and release the stuff. Ok so MailSweeper couldn't tag the
email just block it...but same issue.

Like I said a couple of days ago, I see very few phishing attempts
getting through here and wonder why I seem to be trapping them and your
setup isn't..

I'll double check my arhive and try and get some actual numbers on this...

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Julian Field wrote:
> I want your opinion.
>
> When things like scripts and forms are detected in emails, they are just
> quietly disarmed without any subject line tagging at all.
>
> Should I do the same with phishing fraud attempts? The warning in the
> message will be put in right next to the offending link.
>
> It's just that phishing detection does detect quite a few false positives
> due to the stupidity of a lot of newsletter authors who put "fake" links in
> their material. I don't want people to become used to seeing "{Dangerous
> Content?}" or whatever, and therefore ignoring it.
>
> I have tagged the subject line so far, and I think it is already starting
> to cause problems. I am tending towards removing the subject tag.
>
> Any thoughts please?
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info