trouble with exchange servers

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Wed Oct 13 18:04:15 IST 2004

Vladimir Nikolic wrote:
> Ok, maybe you are right.
> But that error doesn't have anything with Outlook because message
> source is corrupted already on Exchange server. I get error also if I
> read that mail with mozilla-mail, webmail...

Don't know if it's the same/similar problem or not, but recently a fellow at
another company called me saying that they couldn't read certain attachments
from us.  He didn't specify what they were, but most likely .pdf, and
autocad drawings if memory serves, given the nature of our relationship with
them.  I did some poking around in Exchange (version 5.5) and I think I
fixed the problem.  I left a voice mail for him and he never called me back
anyway so no news is good news I guess.

Anyway, go into Exchange Administrator, go to <site>, Protocols and right
click then select Properties.  Go to the MIME Types tab.  There you can
adjust what MIME Type is associated with specific file extensions.  I had to
add:

 image/vnd.dwg  dwg
 image/vnd.dxf  dxf

and a few others. I googled for mime type associations to find out the
appropriate entries.

Like I said, I don't know if this is the fix for the problem you're seeing
or not, but maybe it'll be of some help to you or others.  Hope so...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500