Maybe OT - postfix and catch-all accounts

Brian Parish clicknow at SWIFTDSL.COM.AU
Tue Oct 12 15:21:24 IST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 00:04, Peter Bates wrote:
> Hello all...
>
> > clicknow at SWIFTDSL.COM.AU 12/10/04 11:15:27 >>>
> On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 19:10, Drew Marshall wrote:
> > On Mon, October 11, 2004 23:50, Brian Parish said:
> > > This could be a purely postfix issue, so apologies if it's a bit OT
> here.
> > >
> > > One of the domains I host requires a catch-all mail account - yes,
> > > know - spam collector.  I understand that the way this is done is
> > > put:
> >But it is the last entry in virtual.  Do you (or anyone else) know if
> >this is supposed to work for each domain?  i.e. Should I
> theoretically
> >be able to have a:
>
> >@domain  mailbox
>
> >line at the end of each set of addresses?
>
> Probably not a help right now, but I did have a similar problem and
> wasted a morning fiddling with Postfix trying to fix it. In the end, my
> problem was caused by one of the domains also being listed in
> mydestination or myorigin (I forget which)... I think it was myorigin
> because I kept thinking 'why would this parameter have any effect on
> incoming mail?', but it did in fact break using virtual domains and lead
> to rather 'odd' behaviour...
>
> Other than that, might be a question for the Postfix users mailing
> list... good luck!

Well that's exactly the situation I have here!  The catch-all mail is to
be pushed off elsewhere via a fetchmail from another machine, so I think
of it a "another domain", but it is the home domain that is being
specified here.  I think you have put me on the right track.

cheers
Brian