Bayes rebuild

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Oct 8 16:22:26 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
At 07:07 AM 10/8/2004, Sylvain Phaneuf wrote:
>Can you confirm your last paragraph please?   bayes_auto_expire 0 cannot
>be don in spam.asssassin.prefs.conf anymore?

AFAIK you've never been able to do it in spam.assassin.prefs.conf and have
it be honored by SA.

In my testing it does not work in 2.64. Opportunistic expiry will still
happen. I have no reason to believe it will work with any version of SA,
given that the docs have always considered this an administrator setting.

Remember, spam.assassin.prefs.conf is equivalent to user_prefs. Since MS
calls SA at the API layer, user rules do work, but this is because MS acts
more like the command-line "spamassassin" application than spamd.

In theory most "privileged" settings should work in
spam.assassin.prefs.conf, as if allow_user_rules was set, but
"administrator" settings should not.