Bug in SA.pm patch to MS 4.34.8-1

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Fri Oct 8 12:21:16 IST 2004

Yes, using the existing "Envelope From Header" value seems the
appropriate thing to do.

It also meets my requirement (see earlier posting) for a site to be able
to specify a locally unique X-header string to use for the envelope-from
address that MS can stuff into the message.

Without that uniqueness I think SA will get confused when it tries to
decide which of the X-MailScanner-From: lines, all but one added by
upstream relays, it should use as the value of the pseudo-header
"EnvelopeFrom".

The SA options document makes a comment that MTAs should avoid using a
single, standard, line containing the envelope-from address.

When the amended patch is ready I will test it for you.

Thanks

Quentin