Notify the sender, but don't deliver

David Hooton david.hooton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 14:09:47 IST 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:03:06 +0100, Julian Field
<mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> There is 1 problem. Some people legitimately want to warn the senders of
> macro-viruses, which by their very nature do not spoof the From address.
> This is what has stopped me removing it in the past.

How many macro viruses have you blocked in the last 12 months as a
percentage of all viruses blocked?

I am almost confident in saying that I haven't seen one.

Virus warning emails are now at a point where we have our own
SpamAssassin rulesets to block them.  They are almost as bad at
Barracuda Spam Firewall spam bounces!
--
Regards,

David Hooton