Delayed delivery of local mail

Vinayakam Murugan mvinayakam at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 09:01:20 IST 2004

Hello guys

We are running a RH 9 system with MailScanner 4.29.3 along with
sendmail & clamscan 0.67. We have not enabled SpamAssassin.

Of late we have been intermittenly facing problems of delayed delivery
of local mail. There have been instances of mails getting delayed by
around 10- 16 hours.

We checked the maillog and found many entries like

Command stream end of file while reading line user=???

Commercial scanner clamav timed out

Virus Scanning: Denial of service attack is in message

Does this tell me something i am not getting?

--
Warm Regards