Multiple actions in a ruleset

Desai, Jason jase at SENSIS.COM
Wed Oct 6 20:16:47 IST 2004

Julian Field wrote:
> At 21:25 05/10/2004, you wrote:
>> I just want to clarify the syntax if I want to have a ruleset rule
>> that has multiple actions.  For example, a domain that wants their
>> spam quarantined, but still receive a notification.
>>
>> The ruleset I think to do this would be:
>>
>> To: domain.com          store notify
>>
>> I just want to confirm the syntax for multiple actions like this...
>> Do I separate them w/a space as I have here, or do I use a comma,
>> like this:
>>
>> To: domain.com          store,notify
>
> You need to have a space in between them. Extra spaces and commas are
> fine too, but there must be at least one space. So
>          store, notify
> and
>          store notify
> are okay, but
>          store,notify
> is not.

Will this work for actions with 2 conditions?  I am having problems with
rules with 2 conditions and multiple actions.  MailScanner complains about
there being a syntax error in the file.  But I don't get a syntax error if I
just have one action.

Directly from the EXAMPLES file (#8):

From: trapme.com and To: abuse@*     deliver

works just fine but:

From: trapme.com and To: abuse@*     store deliver

gives a syntax error.  Is this supposed to work, or am I doing something
wrong?  I was running MailScanner 4.29.7, but upgraded to 4.34.8 and I still
get the same problem.  Thanks.

Jase