Cannot start mailScanner all of a sudden

Peter Peters p.g.m.peters at utwente.nl
Tue Oct 5 12:20:59 IST 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:48:51 +0100, you wrote:

>Sounds like your SpamAssassin installation is screwed up, as you suspected.
>Remove all trace of it and then reinstall it.

I have seen SA problems on one system where the running Spamassassin was
installed through CPAN (Not mine, so I'm not sure) and SA3 was installed
through up2date (Red Hat). It didn't crash MS, but it stopped scanning
for spam. This was a 4.31.6 version of MS.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)