SA 3.0 generates garbled Makefile

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 4 17:51:58 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
I suggest you use my combined Clam+SA package available from the
MailScanner downloads page. This will install all the pre-requisites of
both packages as well.
Just because it installs Clam as well doesn't mean you have to use Clam :-)

Make sure you remove the utf8 stuff from /etc/sysconfig/i18n before you
start, too.

At 17:18 04/10/2004, you wrote:
>Folks,
>
>   I'm attempting to upgrade from SA 2.64 to SA 3.0 on a box running
>   RHEL 3.0. When trying to run via either CPAN or from the tarfile
>   using "perl Makefile.PL", I get a botched make file and can't do
>   the install. It also warns about not being able to find pod2man
>   even though this is in /usr/bin/pod2man.
>
>   Here is an extract of the Makefile where is starts going haywire:
>

>INSTALLSITELIB = /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0'    <-- No leading '
>installsiteman1='/usr/share/man/man1'
>installsiteman3='/usr/share/man/man3'
>installsitescript='/usr/bin'
>installstyle='lib/perl5'  <-- ???
>installusrbinperl='define'
>installvendorarch='/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi'
>installvendorbin='/usr/bin'
>installvendorhtml1=''
>installvendorhtml3=''
>installvendorlib='/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.'
>INSTALLVENDORLIB = ib/perl5'  <-- ???
>installusrbinperl='def        <-- No trailing '
>INSTALLARCHLIB = /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
>INSTALLSITEARCH = /usr/lib/pe  <-- going down hill
>INSTALLVENDORARCH = /usr/
>INSTALLBIN = /usr/bin'
>installhtml1dir=''
>installhtml3dir=''
>installman1
>INSTALLSITEBIN = /usr
>INSTALLVENDORBIN = /usr/bin'
>

>   I'm  just doing a vanilla install and had no problem with the earlier
>   version of SA. I could try to just fix the make file but if 3.0 can't
>   even do the make, I'm not very comfortable running it. Has anyone else
>   had this problem?
>
>   Thanks,  Tom Combs
>

>--
>Tom Combs                                      E-mail: combs at magnet.fsu.edu
>National High Magnetic Field Laboratory        Phone:  (850) 644-1657
>1800 E. Paul Dirac Drive                       Tallahassee, FL 32310

>Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and

Julian Field