OT - Which Linux Now?

Steve Swaney Steve.Swaney at FSL.COM
Mon Oct 4 02:11:29 IST 2004

This question crops up every month or two and a search of the archives for
whitebox or taolinux will give you quite a bit of information.

We have tested MailScanner and all related apps on:

        RH ES 3.0
        Whitebox Linux (RH 3.0 clone)
        TaoLinux (RH 3.0 clone)

Absolutely no problems and very easy to maintain thanks to Julian's rpm
install version.

If it's a home system and you want cutting edge - Fedora is also fine. If
it's a production system and you want to sleep at night, my personal choice
would be one of the above, No flames please - we also support clients who
run FreeBSD, Solaris, etc systems. I can absolutely say that the best OS for
you is probably the one that you're the most experienced and comfortable
with. (Amen :)

Also there is a long promised support window for RH 3.0; + 4years to go.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Steve Swaney
President