Error message about Socket.pm when starting MailScanner

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Sun Oct 3 13:00:50 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
NOT TRUE!!!  Per my note of last night, once you get init.pre in
the right place and get SURBL working, then Sys::Hostname::Long
will screw up your hostname every time SA finds a message that matches
the SURBL criteria.  Boom, your hostname gets changed.  I confirmed
this last night, both in MS debug mode and in regular mode.

If you are on a Solaris box using Kerberos (as I am), then the
Sys::Hostname::Long bug is really nasty.  The hostname changes, the
Kerberos key table lookup fails, and then nobody can login to the
box.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College