MailScanner, SA and Bayes

Mister PO misterpo at IFRANCE.COM
Fri Oct 1 09:11:17 IST 2004

Hello all,

My config is Postfix 2.1.5, MailScanner 4.32.51, clamAV 0.80rc3, SA
installed via perl CPAN on a RedHat 9 box.

How can I make sure that Bayes is activated for SA ?

I have checked my /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf file and Bayes
looks OK.

If I run spamassassin --prefspath/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf -
-lint -D, I get the following output :

debug: using "/usr/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir
debug: using "/root/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: using "/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf" for user prefs file
debug: bayes: 24697 tie-ing to DB file
R/O /usr/var/spool/spamfilter/bayes_toks
debug: bayes: 24697 tie-ing to DB file
R/O /usr/var/spool/spamfilter/bayes_seen
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 2
debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 1 spam(s) in Bayes DB < 200
debug: bayes: 24697 untie-ing
debug: bayes: 24697 untie-ing db_toks
debug: bayes: 24697 untie-ing db_seen
debug: Score set 1 chosen.
debug: Initialising learner
debug: bayes: 24697 tie-ing to DB file
R/O /usr/var/spool/spamfilter/bayes_toks
debug: bayes: 24697 tie-ing to DB file
R/O /usr/var/spool/spamfilter/bayes_seen
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 2
debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 1 spam(s) in Bayes DB < 200
debug: bayes: 24697 untie-ing
debug: bayes: 24697 untie-ing db_toks
debug: bayes: 24697 untie-ing db_seen
debug: running header regexp tests; score so far=0

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance,

PO.