Increase spaminess for a set of domains

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Tue Nov 30 17:06:49 GMT 2004

At 08:30 AM 11/30/2004, Dhawal Doshy wrote:

>yahoo.co.in:+2
>sourceforge.net:-1
>
>Yup there are whitelists and blacklists but that will explicity allow or
>deny the sender's domain, I just need an additional score. Any ideas

Short custom rules added to local.cf or spam.assassin.prefs.conf should do it:

header FROM_YAHOO_IN    From =~ /\byahoo\.co\.in\b/i
score FROM_YAHOO_IN     2.0

header FROM_SF_NET      From =~ /\bsourceforge\.net\b/i
score FROM_SF_NET       -1.0

For reference:

the \b's force a zero-width word-boundary, so there must be a
non-alphanumeric or an end of line before "yahoo" and after "in".

a . is normally a wildcard in regex, so you have to use \. to force a
literal . to be the string match.

/i makes the string case insensitive.