Mailscanner Spamassassin timing out

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Tue Nov 30 00:25:53 GMT 2004

At 05:43 PM 11/29/2004, Billy Pumphrey wrote:
>I searched the archive and found plenty about the errors of it timing out,
>but I just cannot find out what the problem is.
>
>Did I change anything?

Version of SA?
Is bayes used?

If bayes is used, check for bayes "expire" files laying next to your bayes
db files.

If you have those disable bayes_auto_expire in
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and set "Rebuild Bayes Every" in
MailScanner.conf.

Might also want to make a cron job run sa-learn --force-expire daily.

MailScanner isn't very tolerant of SA's default tendency to spend 2-3
minutes doing housekeeping on the bayes DB once in a rare while (once a day
or so, depending on how many tokens enter the DB)