Mailscanner Spamassassin timing out

Victor DiMichina victor at PIXELMAGICFX.COM
Mon Nov 29 23:06:17 GMT 2004

Billy Pumphrey wrote:

> I searched the archive and found plenty about the errors of it timing
> out, but I just cannot find out what the problem is.
>
> Did I change anything?
>
> Yes. I added a few entries in the access file for REJECT. I received
> no errors on this file after I edited it.
>

> For the full log, go here à http://www.indysmash.com/downloads/maillog
>
> My spamassassin timeout was at the default of 10, then I rose it to
> eventually 40 and the timeouts still happen. The first things that
> were appearing in the log were the spamassassin timeout, but first
> there were RBL timeouts. The log has the entries in there. I then
> commented out the RBL list in the MailScanner.conf and that did not
> help. I also restart the whole machine and that didn^Òt help.

Where was this parameter set? I remember my default spamassassin timeout
being 30, never 10. I upped it to 90. Are you in MailScanner.conf
editing this entry? Check out the FAQ:

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/210.html

I was getting the exact same problems before upping my timeout value.

Vic