Postfix, mailwatch and queue IDs (and of course mailscanner:-)

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Mon Nov 29 16:32:40 GMT 2004

Hi Julian (& all:),

I decommissioned the old server on friday, so now I've got a more
"normal" server setup... Meaning I should see a lot less of the
duplicates that was bothering me. To be completely sure I'll never see
any, I'll continue to use the patch (still rock solid) on the "new"
server.

Final count shows that during the week it was in effect on the
"slightly missconfigured" server it protected me from 141 new
duplicates (in 8941 messages... Yeah, things have been pretty slow,
especially since we've started blocking the worst offenders at the
firewall:-).

Many thanks.

Perhaps time for others to enjoy it too?

-- Glenn

(snip)

(snip)
> >Should perhaps go into the beta? I can see no real drawbacks with it.
> >

> Let's leave it running for a few days first. If it behaves
> itself (which
> it should) then it will go in the main distribution, as it is A Good
> Thing(tm). As you say it is transparent to MailWatch, then if it works
> at all it should be fine.
>
> --
> Julian Field
(snip)